I eat. A LOT. Often times when people first meet me and they find out how old I am, they are amazed by how small I am. The majority of the time their first assumption is that I do not eat a lot. As I have already stated that could not be farther from the truth. Ask my mama, my best friends, anyone who knows me very well, I am always hungry. It is not rare for me, who is 60 inches tall and weighs in typically between 115-120 pounds, to consume a salad, an 11 ounce steak, broccoli and a baked sweet potato. Oh and I can not forget about the bread that comes along with it. Yes, I consume that all in one sitting. I can put away some food.
I am often asked what is my secret to remaining petite. Well I am not sure I have this magic formula but I will let you in on a few things that do work for me. I can not promise you that this will work for you but you can try it out if you would like.
1. I am very active. I always have been. Ever since I was a child I liked to run, whether it was running around the yard, up and down the street or from one room to the next I love being outside, playing. I was even trampolining the other day with my nephew and nieces. I believe the fact that I have always been very active aids in my being able to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
2. As a result of my active lifestyle, I have been blessed with high metabolism. Metabolism is the chemical process in which the human body converts food into energy. I convert food at a higher rate than most which aids in my non-weight gain.
3. Water is my beverage of choice. Nothing else quenches my thirst like water. Plus I find water to be very soothing and refreshing. I can not go a day without it and I can rarely go an hour without a drink of water. I do drink juice, mainly orange and Cran-Apple, milk and when I am at Cookout, I always order sweet tea. The water is essential. The milk is essential because I need my calcium. The juice is essential so I can can get my vitamins C & D.
4. I do not drink sodas or alcohol. I think we all know consuming too much of either is not good for the body. I made the decision almost 10 years ago to stop consuming both. It works for me.
5. I do not eat a lot of fried foods. Now do not think that means I never eat fried foods. Some weeks I consume a lot of fried foods depending on my schedule but for the most part I stay away from it. For me, it just does not sit well with me. It sits very heavy in my system. Hopefully, you understand what I mean.
6. I eat a lot of fresh fruit and I mean straight out the field/off the tree fresh :-}.
7. You may or may not agree with this statement but I wholeheartedly believe God is the source of my good health and I thank Him for that.
Let me know what you think. I will share more secrets next week.
Have a great weekend!!! Until next time….TOODELLS!!!